Thursday, February 18, 2010

Texas Plane Crash, Joseph Stark

Just a quick note on this event, as it is horrible and I hate promoting or giving credit to such cowardly acts.

However, when I decided to take a quick look at Joseph Stark's web blog to see what was going through his mind and get my own take on his blog posting, god forbid I should think for myself instead of take what the media dishes out, I found that his site had been taken down. At first I thought maybe there was just a heavy usage issue and it was erroring out due to the traffic, but OH NO, it was taken down by the web hosting company. The hosting company, T35.com, decided that his site was not good to have up anymore. I can somewhat understand as you don't want to give glory to some phsycopath on a trip to la la land, however, I thought the reasoning was ridiculous and if your going to take it down then I would not give an explination. Further, I find this somehwat of a censorship of the company. So are you telling me that ANY site that talks about the "sensitive nature" of the events will have thier site shut down?

T35.com's posting on www.embededart.com/index.html:
"This website has been taken offline due to the sensitive nature of the events that transpired in Texas this morning."

I also realize this is a free hosting site so it's not like the guy was around anymore nor is it like they owe him or his decendants any kind of service contract due to the free service agreement. However, I thought they could have left it up for the day....I mean..talk about free site traffic to possibly use your services! Something good should come out of it.

Unless of course....It WAS Big Brother calling to tell them to shut it down. Hmmm....something to be sad of if that is true; which it likely is. I am not paranoid by any means..it just would not surprise me if that was true and have to laugh at the "transparancy" of this event. So now "transparancy" has limitations, much like our supposed "freedom".

ok...That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment